Kirk had spring break in mid-March, and it rained every day. I had big
plans for us: picnics in the park, the zoo, morning jogs, playing in the
backyard, etc. Instead, we sat in the house and watched it rain.
Finally, on Saturday, the sun came out. We headed to the zoo! Wichita
has a great zoo, and we've been a few times. We've never had time to
see everything though. Kaleb took his first trip to the zoo when he was
about 7 weeks old, and he slept in the stroller the whole time. This
was his first real zoo experience. I won't say he loved it, but he did
enjoy himself.
 |
| Kaleb's first trip to the zoo in November of 2010. | |
| |
| | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Kaleb's second trip to the zoo March 2012. |
 |
| Our family picture... haha! |
 |
| Watching the elephants with Daddy. |
 |
| We spent the most time watching these guys strut around. The turkeys, of course, were Kirk's favorite exhibit! |
The funniest part of the day was when we were watching the chimpanzees. There was a Mom and newborn that were in a separate cage from the rest, and we watched the baby for a while. It was the first time Kaleb really reacted to any of the animals. He pointed right at the Mommy chimp and called her "Pawpaw." Of course we called my dad and picked on him about that. Ever since Kaleb started saying "Pawpaw" he uses that word in funny ways. Daddy often gets blamed for things. For instance, one day I caught Kaleb throwing his shoes from his closet over the baby gate and down the stairs. I started fussing at him, and he said "jabber jabber jabber paw paw, jabber jabber jabber jabber paw paw." He was either telling me that Pawpaw did it or that Pawpaw taught him to do it!
I guess Spring Break wasn't a total bust considering I spent it with my 2 favorite guys huh?!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment