Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

We didn't get our white Christmas, but we did get a white New Year!  We got a bit of snow on New Year's Eve that melted that afternoon.  We were quite surprised to wake up on New Year's Day to it still snowing!  It snowed several hours that morning and we got just enough for Kaleb to build a small snowman!  When he first saw the snow when he woke up the first morning, he yelled, "Daddy it's snowin'... I get my jacket!!" 

Kaleb has been talking about building a snowman for weeks since we got our first snow of this season.  I put on a scarf one day last week, and he said," Mama, you're a snowman!"  Not the thing a pregnant woman wants to hear, but I was OK with it when I realized it was the scarf he was associating with snowmen, not my size. 

He was so excited New Year's Day when he finally got to go out and build "Snowy."  Thank you Aunt Joy for sending us the snowman building kit!!  He turned out pretty cute!  I think one of Kaleb's tv shows on Disney must have an episode where they build and name a snowman "Snowy."  We didn't even encourage Kaleb to give him a name.  He just immediately started calling him that.  Snowy has since melted for the most part, and Kaleb is quite sad about that.  Maybe we will get a heavier snow next time and his snowman can be a bit bigger!










We wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment