Kirk and I went back and forth on whether or not we were cooking for Thanksgiving or not. We really wanted to have a relaxed day with the kids and not have to worry about cooking and especially cleaning the kitchen after we were done. I really didn't want to support any businesses that were open on Thanksgiving though. Finally, we decided we would go to Cracker Barrel and give our server a large Thanksgiving tip. We found at that Cracker Barrell is pretty smart to be open that day. It was PACKED! We got there at 11:00 and waited an hour and forty minutes to be seated. The kids were entertained by all the people though and waited patiently and lunch was good. We then spent the rest of the afternoon getting the house ready to decorate for Christmas. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year!
 |
| Checking out the Black Friday deals with Daddy |
The day after Halloween, Kaleb was so disappointed that we couldn't go trick or treating again so I was talking to him about Thanksgiving trying to get him to move on to our next holiday. I told him several things I was thankful for and asked him what he was thankful for. He said "God our Father and our lessons." Because he had such a sweet response I asked him again the next day. His response was "jumping up and down!" I decided to ask him each day, and we made this turkey together and wrote on a feather each day until Thanksgiving. It was a fun project for us, and he really had to think hard each day for something new. I was proud of everything he came up with!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment