My baby is no longer a baby... he's 2! We had such a great birthday week celebrating with our parents and friends here in Wichita. I will let the pictures tell the story of our week.
 |
| A new family tradition in our home, the birthday wreath, will go up on the wall for each person's birthday week! |
 |
| Kaleb's present from us... ready to rip into it!! |
 |
| A new kitchen!! |
 |
| It came in a million pieces... it took so long to put together I forgot to take a pic of the end product! |
The pumpkin patch...
 |
| We spent an afternoon at the pumpkin patch. |
 |
| Mawmaw, Pops, Kaleb, Pawpaw, and Mawmaw |
 |
| My two sweet "punkins!" |
 |
| Kaleb and Pops on the slide... he loved this slide so much he rode it several times with Pops, Pawpaw, and Daddy! |
 |
| He wanted so bad to jump, but the big kids were a little rambunctious for him. |
 |
| Hay fort fun with Daddy! |
 |
| His first corn maze experience. |
 |
| I was so proud of him for riding this train alone... I couldn't believe it when he told me he wanted to do it. That boy loves trains! |
 |
| The whole crew! Kaleb was so cold and tired by this point, and his allergies were acting up... we didn't even make it into the actual pumpkin patch. |
 |
| The wagon ride back to the car. He didn't make it out of the parking lot and he was asleep. He had so much fun! |
|
The Birthday Party...
 |
| Yo ho!! |
 |
| Is that not the sweetest little face?! |
 |
| I gave all of the kids cups to collect the candy from the pinata. Kaleb went behind me with his wheelbarrow to collect all of "His" Jake cups. He did the same thing collecting everyone's candy when we were done. I think we should work on sharing a bit more. |
 |
| Helping Pawpaw put his gifts together. |
 |
| Puzzle time with Mawmaw. |
Wrapping up our week...
 |
| Vampire Mickey pumpkin time! |
We had such a great week with him. There are quite a few things I missed... He had swim lessons on his birthday and his class sang happy birthday to him; We had a birthday dinner at Red Robin that day too just the 3 of us, complete with singing and a free ice cream sundae; Pawpaw and Pops taught him to howl at the moon, and they did it together A LOT; and much more! I know I did not capture near enough of the fun in photos, but sometimes you just have to put down the camera and enjoy the moment right?
We had a rough day the day everyone left. Kaleb is finally old enough to realize when a visit is over, and he was one sad cookie when he realized that it was just us again! We are back in our routine now, but the first day was tough.
I can't wait to see what this next year with Kaleb brings. He has been such a blessing to all of us these past 2 years, and it only seems to get better!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment