I had big plans for our Thanksgiving holiday this year, but unfortunately a nasty stomach bug had different plans for us... all 3 of us. Wednesday morning Kaleb and I went to his "just 2's" tumbling class at the Y. I had to run by the grocery store for a few things on our way home and it took every ounce of my energy I had to push that buggy around the store. Luckily, Kirk came home shortly after we did and I was able to take a quick nap while Kirk fed Kaleb lunch. Because shortly after lunch Kirk became the first stomach bug victim. I quarantined him to the basement in hopes that Kaleb and I wouldn't get sick, but as the day progressed I realized that the reason I was so exhausted at the store was because I too was sick. I was achy, feverish, and had no appetite. Kirk's lasted about 8 hours, and just as he was starting to feel better, I started having lots of contractions. At 1:00 am I called my OB nurse, and she advised us to head to the hospital so they could get a monitor on me. Kirk went into Kaleb's room to get him up for us to head to the hospital and discovered that the stomach bug had claimed victim number 2. Kaleb had thrown up in his sleep and was sleeping in it. We had to bathe him and clean up his bed. By that point, my contractions had slowed down, and we decided to wait a bit before heading to the hospital. I became victim number 3 around 5:00 am, and Kirk had to call and wake up my poor OB nurse again. Because I was not contracting as often anymore, she advised that we stay home and just concentrate on getting fluids in me. So our Thanksgiving Day was spent eating jello, dry toast, and chicken noodle soup; and recovering. By that evening we were all clearly on the mend, but that's when we realized that something was wrong with Bruno. He was coughing very bad, not eating, and just not acting himself. So Bruno spent Friday at the vet while I worked on disinfecting our house from all of the yucky germs. Bruno was diagnosed with pneumonia and is still in pretty bad shape. This evening, I feel like I'm starting to see a little bit of improvement in his condition. Hopefully, the meds are starting to kick in, and he will start to feel a lot better. We cooked our Thanksgiving dinner Friday night and decorated our house for Christmas all day Saturday. Kaleb really enjoyed exploring all of the Christmas decorations. He is at a really fun age for Christmas this year. I'm looking forward to a fun month celebrating Christmas with him!
Sunday morning we had our first "North Pole Breakfast." Of course, I got the idea from Pinterest, and it turned out really fun for Kaleb. Our Elf on the Shelf "Timmy" brought us breakfast from the North Pole. He also brought Kaleb a few little gifts. I think this will turn into a tradition the kids will really look forward to every year.
 |
| Discovering our Little People Nativity Set |
 |
| Enjoying our late Thanksgiving dinner. |
 |
| Kaleb has gotten to really love hats... so much that he can't wear just one. And they're usually on backwards. |
 |
| Quick happy shot before the Egg Bowl was played... Ouch! |
 |
| North Pole Breakfast 2012 |
 |
| Kaleb's ball and Christmas socks from Timmy |
 |
| Peppermint Milk was a hit! |
 |
| We had bacon and eggs too, but of course Kaleb mostly ate the sweets. |
 |
| Timmy had 3 presents wrapped up for Kaleb... a nativity puzzle, a vintage Mickey Mouse ornament for the tree, and the "Elf on the Shelf" DVD. |
 |
| Timmy took his first trip back to the North Pole last night with a great report on Kaleb. This is where he landed upon his return to our house. |
 |
| Out of the bathtub and back into our hat (backwards) for milk with Mommy before bed. |
Although, we had a pretty sickly Thanksgiving, we are so very thankful that we had the time spent together. We ended up having a pretty enjoyable weekend together!
Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment