Thursday, December 20, 2012

32 weeks!

We went to the doctor yesterday for our 32 week checkup.  The babies are doing great, and Mommy is hanging in as best she can.  I've had some pretty rough nights this week, and my muscles and joints are really protesting all of this extra weight I'm carrying around.  I'm trying to find a happy medium between resting for me and the babies and having energy to enjoy the holidays with Kaleb.  Resting is going to have to be the bigger priority from now on I believe.  When Dr. Lowden measured me at my appointment she laughed when she told me I am measuring 41 weeks!!  That's why I'm struggling so much these days!! But I can handle it... I am thrilled to be able to carry these babies this long.  I have had such a fear of preemies, and I am super thankful that my body seems to be doing what it needs to take care of them!  

I don't have much of an update on Emery's feet, and unfortunately, we won't have any more information until she's born.  We do know that we will use the pediatric orthopedic department at Children's Mercy in Kansas City to take care of her.  We've gotten several recommendations for Dr. Olney and his staff there.  Our doctor is having all of our records and sono pics sent to them so that when she arrives they will be ready to get us in for evaluation and treatment.  Otherwise, we just wait.

Meanwhile, this guy is getting pretty excited about being a big brother to "Emmy & Ahver!"

 

And he loves his Lucy!
 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment