We made it to 36 weeks!! I am beyond relieved to make it this far. However, we had a bit of a disappointment at our appointment today. The babies are fine, but we discovered today that a C-Section is likely our reality. Oliver has been head down every time we've done a sono, and Emery has been transverse (laying across by stomach). All along, we've thought we could at least try for vaginal delivery since the first baby presented head down. About 2 weeks ago, everything started feeling different as far as the movements I've been feeling from them both. I thought they were just running out of room, but I called yesterday and asked them to do a sono before our appointment today just to check on them. Of course, my mommy instincts were correct... there was something very different. Oliver has totally flipped the other direction and is now breech. Emery is still laying across my stomach with her belly right on top of her brother's face. She seems to be the boss. She is sprawled out and comfy with Oliver having to lay behind her with his face in her tum tum. Hopefully it at least makes a good pillow for him. With their new positions, we have had to change our scheduled 38 week induction into a 38 week C Section. I am disappointed, but ultimately, I just want a safe delivery for all 3 of us, and if a Cesarean is what it takes, that's what we'll do. We did get estimates on their weights today, and these estimates are really rough. They are so crammed we couldn't get great measurements on either of them. Oliver is approximately 6 lbs and Emery 5 lbs 10oz. I'm pretty happy with those sizes myself! We couldn't get a look at Emery's feet because her legs are so smashed up against my side. The tech did say that the one foot we could see did look clubbed still, but it could still be positional. We won't truly know until we get her out of there.
Some time in the next 11 days, we will FINALLY meet our little ones! Kaleb is ready for them to come out. He asks me at least once a day when "Wemmy" and "Wovver" are coming out. I don't think anyone is quite as ready as I am though!!
Melissa
Yea Melissa!! We are so happy for the 5 of you! I can't imagine how ready you are to see those 2 babies and to be finished with your "incubation stage" :). We can't wait to meet them. BTW, midwives suggest sitting forward (is that still possible?!), squatting, and hands and knees (eh?!) to get the baby into the best position for birth. Of course that's a singleton birth...
ReplyDeleteEither way they arrive will be a great relief and blessing though I am sure! :) Love you guys lots. Jen and Chris